The IGCS Nominating Committee is seeking committed members to apply for leadership positions to help guide the Society’s strategic direction and work towards our mission of uniting the globe in the fight against gynecologic cancer.
The open Council positions include:
- President Elect (from North, Central or South America, based on rotation)
- Vice President (global region unspecified)
- Secretary Treasurer Elect (global region unspecified)
- Four Council Members
- Gynecologic Oncologist practicing in North, Central or South America
- Gynecologic Oncologist practicing in Europe, Africa or the Middle East
- Gynecologic Oncologist practicing in Asia or Oceania
- Medical Oncologist (global region unspecified)
Members in good standing interested in serving on the Council should submit a completed application form with a digital photograph and CV by Thursday, February 22, 2018.
Review complete information about the open positions, frequently asked questions and process here.
IGCS uses a transparent and balanced approach to reviewing and scoring the applications. After the application period has ended, the Nominating Committee will review the applications and determine the best slate of candidates to be presented to the Council for approval and finally to the membership for vote. Candidates selected for the slate will provide a brief biography and a headshot photo for the election. Members with voting rights will then cast their vote from the list of selected candidates starting mid-April and open for a period of 30 days. An announcement of those elected by majority vote will occur at the beginning of June.
Questions about the process should be directed to IGCS CEO Mary Eiken at firstname.lastname@example.org.