This past year, the International Gynecologic Cancer Society has achieved great things thanks to the support and contributions of our members.
- Increased our membership by over 250 percent. In 2016, we had about 900 members and now we serve over 3200 gynecologic oncology specialists from 115 countries.
- Hosted our first Annual Global Meeting (departing from the biennial meeting schedule) in a return to South America, our first large meeting in the region since the year 2000.
- Launched a new online social community (Social Link) for members to communicate, share information and learn from each other.
- Conducted our first live-streaming educational webinar with nearly 200 attendees from 54 countries.
- Hosted monthly Project ECHO virtual tumor board video conferences in 17 different sites around the world with over 120 faculty contributors discussing more than 300 cases.
- Formed an Early Career Research & Publications Network to provide early career members with a supportive network of peers and mentors to discuss publishing and writing as critical components to career development.
- Expanded the Gynecologic Oncology Global Curriculum & Mentorship Program to 12 training sites and recently celebrated our first 3 fellows completing the program and final exams.
- Funded 14 young doctors from low-resource countries to attend the IGCS Annual Global Meeting in Brazil.
- Re-instated the Visiting Scholars & Mentorship Program, funding travel and accommodations for 3 young doctors from mid to low-resource countries to visit an established center to learn specific skills not available at their institution.
- Assembled a global network of advocacy and outreach groups to empower women and communities.
- Cultivated partnerships with regional and international groups to work towards our mission to improve the care of women worldwide.
- We are proud of the accomplishments of our journal, the International Journal of Gynecological Cancer and grateful for the journal’s outstanding editorial team and their achievements as Dr. Pedro Ramirez discusses in his end-of-year review video message.
In 2020, we hope to accomplish even more together.
Thank you for being a part of our global community, united through our dedication to enhance the care of women with gynecologic cancer worldwide through education and training and public awareness.
Wishing you all the best in the new year!