As a part of our partnership, the WOCC has been invited to launch their Global Ovarian Cancer Charter at the IGCS Presidential Plenary: Advocacy Panel during the IGCS 2020 xDigital Annual Global Meeting on Saturday, September 12, 2020 at 12:45 pm UTC.
World Ovarian Cancer Coalition: Global Ovarian Cancer Charter
The Charter is “a call to action for all those committed to improving survival and quality of life for women with ovarian cancer,” with six Global Goals:
- Ovarian cancer must become a global priority, so that the increasing burden and challenges of successfully treating women with ovarian cancer are recognised and planned for at a national, regional and local level.
- Women must have access to diagnosis without delay.
- Women must have access to specialist care and clinical trials.
- Women and doctors must know the importance of appropriate and timely genetic testing and counselling.
- Data used to develop cancer control plans and treatments must reflect the diversity of local populations to ensure the best possible outcomes.
- Women must have access to good quality information and support in their own language, that helps them to live well with the disease.
IGCS Presidential Plenary Advocacy Panelists:
Chair, World Ovarian Cancer Coalition
CEO, Ovarian Cancer Canada
Programme Director, World Ovarian Cancer Coalition
Dicey Jackson Scroggins
Director of Global Outreach & Engagement, International Gynecologic Cancer Society