As a part of our partnership, the World Ovarian Cancer Coalition has been invited to launch their Global Ovarian Cancer Charter at the IGCS Presidential Plenary: Advocacy Panel during the IGCS 2020 xDigital Annual Global Meeting on Saturday, September 12, 2020 at 12:45 pm UTC.
Global Ovarian Cancer Charter: A World Ovarian Cancer Coalition Initiative
The Charter is “a call to action for all those committed to improving survival and quality of life for women with ovarian cancer,” with six Global Goals:
- GLOBAL PRIORITY: Ovarian cancer must become a global priority, so that the increasing burden and challenges of successfully treating women with ovarian cancer are recognised and planned for at a national, regional and local level.
- RAPID DIAGNOSIS: Women must have access to diagnosis without delay.
- BEST POSSIBLE CARE: Women must have access to specialist care and clinical trials.
- FAMILY HISTORY: Women and doctors must know the importance of appropriate and timely genetic testing and counselling.
- DATA IMPROVEMENT: Data used to develop cancer control plans and treatments must reflect the diversity of local populations to ensure the best possible outcomes.
- INFORMATION AND SUPPORT: Women must have access to good quality information and support in their own language, that helps them to live well with the disease.
For more information on the Global Ovarian Cancer Charter, visit worldovariancancercoalition.org.
IGCS Presidential Plenary Advocacy Panelists:
Chair, World Ovarian Cancer Coalition
CEO, Ovarian Cancer Canada
Programme Director, World Ovarian Cancer Coalition
Dicey Jackson Scroggins
Director of Global Outreach & Engagement, International Gynecologic Cancer Society