The International Journal of Gynecological Cancer (IJGC) is the official scientific journal of the International Gynecologic Cancer Society (IGCS) and the European Society of Gynaecological Oncology (ESGO). IJGC publishes articles relevant to detection, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of gynecologic malignancies. IJGC’s audience is gynecologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, radiologists, pathologists, and research scientists with a special interest in gynecologic oncology. The 2015 Impact Factor of IJGC is 2.116.
A journal relaunch is planned for January 2019 to differentiate IJGC from competitors and increase its value to members and the broader gynecologic oncology community. As currently envisioned, IJGC will contain components of the following:
- Expert reviews and guidelines (state-of-the-art work being done with reviews by acknowledged experts)
- Original articles in basic science, translational, and clinical research
- Congress proceedings and other educational, high-quality and relevant content potentially generated by the IGCS and ESGO
A new Editor-in-Chief (to be hired as Deputy Editor in mid-2017), will raise the quality of science and increase the educational value of IJGC through the following actions:
- Soliciting high-quality reviews by actively recruiting top IGCS and ESGO presenters to write for the journal
- Increasing the rate of desk rejections for original research by triaging manuscripts of marginal interest to the community
- Revitalizing the editorial board to expand member responsibilities and increase participation from early-career scientists
Rapid review and rapid publication will be key characteristics. A fast-track review schedule will be implemented for potential high-impact articles, with a goal of two weeks from time of submission to first decision. All other articles will be reviewed and authors informed of decisions in less than four weeks.
The journal will continue to publish 1744 pages per year in nine issues, plus various supplements. IJGC will continue to be published online-only and will be mobile-optimized for tablets and smartphones. Articles will be published online as soon as they are accepted, copyedited, formatted, and citable.