New Surgical Resources for IGCS Members through AAGL Partnership
We are pleased to announce a that over 1200 surgical resources are now available to IGCS members through our new partnership with the AAGL. Formerly known as the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, AAGL has a membership extending over 110 countries with over 7,000 members across the globe. The mission of AAGL is to focus on the ultimate goal of improving patient care in gynecologic medicine, AAGL recognizes that surgical gynecologists and other clinicians require lifelong learning.
A partnership with AAGL is a natural fit, as they seek to broaden their exposure and reach more global parts of the world and we at IGCS seek to provide all our members globally with a wide spectrum of surgical content. We are confident that our partnership will continue to grow and evolve to other important areas within both organizations.
The function of SurgeryU is to deliver high-quality, high-definition surgical video to members of the AAGL and our partner societies through our live and on-demand video library.
Member Access to SurgeryU
- Visit https://www.surgeryu.com/landing
- Within the login window, select IGCS Member from the Society drop-down menu.
- Members will be redirected to the IGCS website for authentication.
- Successful authentication will redirect Members to SugeryU with full access.
Watch this quick tutorial video to learn how to use the SurgeryU platform to search for content, create playlists, save favorites and more!
Key Statistics about SurgeryU
- Primary focus is to educate gynecologic surgeons of all levels on minimally invasive surgical techniques.
- The library consists of over 1,200 Surgical videos.
- Since 2009, SurgeryU live events have accrued over 1.5 million minutes of viewing time.
- SurgeryU has been viewed by AAGL members in over 110 countries.
- Content is peer-reviewed.
- Partner societies now have SSO access through their respective membership portals.
New features incorporated in SurgeryU, developed with trainee education in mind:
- An upgraded search engine to allow for finding videos faster and easier. Videos can now be searched by author, keywords, or type of content.
- Mobile friendly.
- Full length, narrated videos that appeal to learners of all levels.
- Ability to share links which allows the user to send and share specific videos with other surgeons.
- Ability to create playlists and save favorites.
Acknowledgements and Future Plans
Under the direction of our education leadership Drs. Ritu Salani, Ane Gerda Eriksson and Vance Broach, we are reviewing and creating special channels of content that they feel will be of great interest to our members. They are also creating new content for the SurgeryU platform that will be shared with both our membership and the AAGL when appropriate. This will allow us to utilize the innovative and specialized technology that the SurgeryU platform provides. For now, please take the time to become familiar with the platform and we will alert you when new education is launched.
We are extremely grateful for the leadership of Drs. Gary Frishman AAGL Immediate Past President, Jubilee Brown AAGL Vice President and IGCS Volunteer Leader and the entire AAGL Executive Board. Dr. Suketu Mansuria who is the AAGL Surgical Video Editor has been instrumental in delivering these valuable resources to you our members.
We hope that you find value in SurgeryU and become acquainted with the new educational content that is now available to you through your IGCS Membership. If you have any questions or comments, please contact Mandy Hansen at email@example.com.
Roberto Angioli, MD
Mary Eiken, MS