Dear IGCS Member,
Happy new year! Hopefully by now, you have had a chance to explore the new IGCS website since its launch October 28, 2016. Current content regarding IGCS’s programs, member benefits and partnerships is now at your fingertips on our new mobile friendly site.
Additional new web features available include:
• News archive
• Member Spotlight
• Information for patients and the public regarding gynecologic cancers
• Global events calendar
• Industry partnership opportunities
• Updated clinical resources from partner organizations
• Featured IJGC article blogs written by IGCS thought leaders
• Membership directory
• Member profile
• Member login to access the International Journal of Gynecological Cancer without the need to login to the publisher’s website separately
While many new features are available, we wanted to make you aware that there are several items that are still in development, which we are working to bring to you in the next several weeks. We are very excited about the great offerings that will be included in our Education Portal coming soon.
The portal will be launched in the next two weeks and will include:
• Recorded webcasts from the 2014 and 2016 Biennial Meetings
• Education Exchange videos featuring presenters providing a distillation of recent studies
• Surgical videos
• Additional featured IJGC article blogs written by IGCS thought leaders
Please make sure to check the home page often, as we update the Featured Announcements regularly.
Additionally, I would like to address the new security standards for the IGCS website. First, we recommend that all members create a strong password to protect their credit card information. Learn more about how to create a strong password.
When you login to the website, you will notice that you must check a box indicating that you are a member and then follow instructions to select several photographs before you are allowed access to the site. These “CAPTCHA” security features protect the website against hacking programs by generating tests that those hacking programs cannot pass. This ensures that your credit card information is safe and we feel that it is very important.
For the best experience, we recommend you use the most recent version of your preferred browser. Google Chrome, Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge are recommended.
If you have questions or suggestions regarding the new site and its content, or have trouble logging in, please do not hesitate to email us. Thank you for your commitment to the IGCS and the care you provide to women around the globe with gynecologic malignancies.
Mary Eiken, RN, MS
CEO, International Gynecologic Cancer Society