A Global Network
We are uniting a Global Network of independent organizations and individuals in the fight against gynecologic cancer.
- IGCS 2020 Virtual Advocacy Programming
- The World Ovarian Cancer Coalition’s Global Ovarian Cancer Charter to launch at the 2020 IGCS Annual Global Meeting during the Presidential Plenary on September 12th.
- Webinar Series: IGCS Patient Perspectives Roundtable Series
- Please visit our COVID-19 Resources page for a list of links to guidelines, videos, and reading materials related to COVID-19 and gynecologic cancer.
- Want to stay up to date with the IGCS Network? Sign up for our Advocacy Email List to stay in the know.
Founder/President, Día de la Mujer Latina
Houston, Texas, USA
“The year was 1992, when a simple slip and fall on a flight sent me to the Emergency Room. During the exam, the doctor proceeded to ask if I had ever had a mammogram; I said, ‘No.’ He explained that at 41, I should have had a baseline test. I asked why, and he said that mammograms can detect breast cancer in its early stages.” Read more of Venus’ story.
“In 2004, when I was 30 years old, I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer (Mucinous, Stage Ia) and treated with surgery and chemotherapy. While dealing with the diagnosis and such uneasy feelings, I was supported and encouraged most by other ovarian cancer patients I met online.” Read more of Miho’s story.
Co-Founder/Chair, Women4Cancer Early Detection & Treatment
Benda is not a cancer survivor, but she is the sister of a cervical cancer survivor and co-founded the featured organization.
“In February 2010, my young sister—27 years old and a mother of one child—called with the devastating news that she had been diagnosed with cancer. This diagnosis was made by a general practitioner in a village hospital.” Read more of Benda’s story.
We Create: Joint Art Project
“We Create: Joint Art Project” is a signature survivor- and caregiver-led opportunity to create and leave art—as a gift from the gynecologic cancer community and a remembrance—in each region where IGCS holds a Global Meeting. Everyone who attends the meeting can contribute to the art piece, perhaps through a paint brush stroke or a mosaic tile placement. IGCS will provide the supplies; you will each contribute your own artistic touch.
IGCS will include an art project in most major advocacy-community events and encourage others to do the same, providing basic guidance and templates. We will also produce “We Create” projects virtually.
Advocates in Action
Thanks for your support in the fight against gynecologic cancer!