The 2021 IGCS Annual Global Meeting is scheduled to be held in Rome at the Auditorium Parco della Musica with portions of the program being held in a digital environment so that delegates unable to travel may participate remotely.
With planning for IGCS 2021 underway, we have an excellent opportunity to look ahead with optimism. While the meetings and conventions has transformed in the face of the COVID-19 pandemic, we believe the best approach to move forward is to be bold, see challenges as opportunities and work together to assemble an outstanding Congress.
Delegates have the option to attend in person or participate virtually. Those who attend in person will have full access to the virtual platform. Group registration is available for all options.
Preliminary Program Details
- 3.5 days of programming
- Master Sessions on ovarian, cervix, uterine, and vulvar cancers are back by popular demand
- Surgical education track
- Oral abstract presentations
- Continuing medical education credits for live and on-demand sessions
- Featured poster sessions and virtual abstract poster hall
Planning for Rome? Health & Safety Information
Safety is of course our utmost priority and the IGCS team is working very closely with a local professional conference organizer, the venue, and the Italian government as rules and regulations are released for safe ways to gather with an abundancy of caution.
Click here for important information from the Italian Ministry of Health regarding travel and COVID-19. This includes specific information about the classification of territories, travel restrictions, rules, and requirements for travelling to and from abroad.
- To accommodate social distancing at the Auditorium, a maximum of 650 in-person tickets will be sold. There is no limit on virtual registration.
- IGCS has appointed COVID Safety Officers responsible for ensuring that guidelines are followed, and proper steps are taken in the event of a positive COVID case. The names and contact information of the COVID Safety Officers will be made prominently available for all delegates to contact with any questions or for any reason before and during the meeting.
- 48 hours in advance of the IGCS meeting, a negative COVID test result is required for delegates to be admitted to the meeting venue. IGCS will offer rapid testing at the meeting venue August 28th & 29th and will provide a list of alternate testing locations in Rome.
- The Auditorium has provided detailed safety measures that will be shared with delegates attending in-person in advance of the meeting.
Optimizing Engagement with the Latest Virtual Meeting Technology and Hub & Spoke Model
Expanding on the success of the fully digital 2020 IGCS Annual Global Meeting, IGCS 2021 will utilize the latest virtual meeting technology to broadcast engaging sessions and provide delegates access to hundreds of virtual abstract posters and audio recordings.
Engagement is major priority for IGCS 2021, and we have found a unique way to disseminate our education globally without sacrificing personal interaction for those who cannot be in Rome. With the virtual platform we will be using a “hub and spoke” approach that will allow us to broadcast from Rome as the hub, to many locations where gynecologic oncology professionals may gather all over the globe – thus creating the spokes.
We are encouraging regional gatherings of delegates when conducive and identifying local key opinion leaders in each of these regions to interact with the speakers and moderators in Rome to provide a similar effect and impact as to being there in person.
2021 Scientific Program Committee Chairs
Ana Oaknin, MD, PhD (Spain)
Matthew Powell, MD (USA)