Global Curriculum & Mentorship Program
The IGCS Gynecologic Oncology Global Curriculum & Mentorship Program, is a comprehensive two-year education and training program designed for regions around the world that do not currently have formal training in gynecologic oncology. The program matches institutions and individuals from higher resource settings (International Mentors) with partners in lower resource settings wishing to obtain formal gynecologic oncology training (twinning). For more information about the Global Curriculum and Mentorship Program, please contact Mary Eiken at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each training site is paired with an International Mentor or Mentors, who is an IGCS member that has an existing relationship with the site.
- The Mentors are responsible for tracking the fellow’s progress by reviewing case logs, completing bi-annual In Training Evaluation Forms, and facilitating monthly quizzes and reading assignments.
- The Mentors will travel to the training site twice per year to provide hands-on surgical training and in-person education.
- The IGCS Fellows travel to Mentor’s institution for a 1-3 month observership
- The Fellows present cases to Mentors, colleagues and other IGCS members in a monthly virtual tumor board
- Fellow has completed the program, an oral structured clinical final examination will be administered on site by a member of the IGCS Global Curriculum Examination Committee. The Fellow will receive an IGCS Certificate of Completion after completing all program requirements and passing the examination.
2018-2019 Training Sites
Updates and News
Publications in the International Journal of Gynecological Cancer
April 03, 2019
Corners of the World
Mila Pontremoli Salcedo, Cesaltina Lorenzoni, Kathleen M Schmeler