Join us for our first Virtual Patient Perspectives Roundtable:
Patient Care & Clinical Trials in the Midst of COVID-19
Saturday, May 23
9:00 am CDT / 2:00 pm UTC
Duration: 1 hour
See the time of this event in your time zone.
This Virtual Roundtable is FREE, but registration is required.
This Virtual Roundtable—focused on gynecologic cancer patient care and clinical trials—is an online version of the IGCS Patient Perspectives Roundtable Series. It is structured to adhere to the safety guidelines in place during the COVID-19 pandemic while addressing information gaps and needs and continuing the exchange of essential information in this constantly evolving environment.
Chief Scientific Officer, The US Oncology Network
President, GOG Foundation, Inc.
James Cancer Hospital, The Ohio State University
Chair, Cervix Cancer Research Network (CCRN)
Member, Gynecologic Cancer InterGroup (GCIG) Executive Committee
Consultant Clinical Oncologist, University College London Hospitals
Mansoor Raza Mirza
Medical Director, Nordic Society of Gynaecological Oncology (NSGO)
Chair-Elect, European Network of Gynaecological Trial groups (ENGOT)
Dicey Jackson Scroggins
Director of Global Outreach and Engagement, IGCS
23-year ovarian cancer survivor
About the IGCS Patient Perspectives Roundtable Series
During the COVID-19 pandemic and in its aftermath, IGCS will continue to be a global source of education and resources, training, public awareness, and advocacy. Virtual Roundtables will
- facilitate first-hand assessment of patient community needs and concerns
- provide vetted information, assessments, and guidance from key opinion leaders and seasoned survivors/advocates
- address current patient and wider community concerns through live responses to question posted online during the session
- promote strategic conversations with health care and research communities around specific issues
- assist all in coming to workable solutions and strategies for moving forward during the COVID-19 pandemic and in its aftermath
Each 1-hour session will cover a specific topic important to the gynecologic cancer patient communities maneuvering through the health and cancer care system during and after COVID-19 and will include IGCS key opinion leaders, patients-caregivers, and other stakeholders appropriate to the topic. This first Virtual Roundtable will address patient care and clinical trials in the backdrop of COVID-19.