International Journal of Gynecological Cancer
IJGC is the scientific publication for topics relevant to detection, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of gynecologic malignancies. IJGC emphasizes a multidisciplinary approach, and includes original research (clinical trials and translational or basic research), reviews, and opinion pieces.
We recognize the importance of assuring that our journal represents the work and research being conducted in all regions of the world, and at the same time, that it also highlights key issues critical to patients not only in developed countries but also in low-resource countries.
IJGC is the official publication of IGCS and ESGO.
WATCH: In this video, Dr. Pedro Ramirez introduces the new Virtual Journal Club format.
- Among the original articles showcasing important and innovative work within the field of gynecologic oncology, the Editor-in-Chief and Associate editors chose a Lead Article representing the most impacting work of each respective issue. An accompanying editorial as well as a podcast by the authors is included outlining the relevance of their work and its applicability to current clinical practice.
- The new Clinical Trials segment highlights the protocol details of prospective multi-institutional trials that are currently ongoing or due to begin accrual to provide our readers increased awareness of protocols and an opportunity for collaboration.
- The invited Review Article is written by well-recognized figures in our field, so that our readers will learn about the latest and most up-to-date literature published in relevant and current topics.
- Case Studies are presented in the format of a multidisciplinary conference, where the presenters provide the details of the case with input from pathologists, radiologist, and/or radiation oncologists. At the same time, a discussant expert answers key questions on management decision and counseling for the patient presented.
- Another feature titled Corners of the World is a short synopsis of the experiences by members of our global community of gynecologic oncologists describing the details of their work in rural and disadvantaged regions of the world, with an emphasis on how such work is making an impact in the care of those patients.