Family members and friends are often the untrained, loving caregivers responsible for the ongoing daily care of cancer patients. You need and deserve specific support and assistance, so here are several useful resources.
Advice & Support
- The American Cancer Society has a number of resources for caregivers and families, including an interactive caregiver resource guide that covers a variety of topics and a video series.
- Cancer Support Community offers a list of 10 tips to help new caregivers and other resources.
- CancerCare provides information about financial assistance.
- SHARE: For Women Facing Breast or Ovarian Cancer provides clear advice to caregivers and has a helpline that can be reached by phone or email.
- The National Comprehensive Cancer Network has a number of patient and caregiver resources, including guidelines and webinars.
Reports, Articles & Studies
- European Cancer Patient Coalition: “White Paper on Cancer Carers”
- European Journal of Cancer Care: “On Being a Caregiver: The Experiences of South African Caregivers Caring for Cancer Patients”
- International Scholarly Research Notices: “Culture, Caregiving, and Health: Exploring the Influence of Culture on Family Caregiving Experiences”