Introducing the IGCS Education360 Nursing Certificate Program — your path to excellence in gynecologic cancer care! This curriculum equips nurses everywhere with the necessary knowledge to provide evidence-based nursing care to women with gynecologic cancers and empowers them to advocate for best possible health outcomes.
Designed for professionals at every stage of their career, this curriculum is ideal for nurses currently practicing or aspiring to specialize in gynecologic oncology. The learning modules are relevant for all levels of practicing nurses in low-, middle- and high-income countries, irrespective of practice setting or geographic location.
While the program is primarily designed for nurses, physicians and all health care providers looking to elevate their clinical expertise are welcome to complete the program. Physicians are encouraged to invite their nursing and interdisciplinary team members to explore this learning opportunity developed by IGCS experts. Free for IGCS Members, our new Nursing Certificate Program demonstrates our deep commitment to serving all members of the interdisciplinary gynecologic cancer care team, recognizing the need for a collaborative approach to advance patient care.
The program consists of 13 educational modules designed to develop a comprehensive understanding of the complexities of caring for women with gynecologic cancer. These modules include a range of educational resources, including written curriculum, videos, podcasts, and slide presentations, providing learners with diverse options for their educational experience.
Modules include overview of the following:
- Basics/general knowledge
- Global cancer perspective and gyn cancer
- Cancer treatment planning, patient factors, and clinician factors
- Cervix cancer
- Uterine/endometrial cancer
- Ovary/tubal/peritoneal cancer
- Vulval cancer
- Rare tumors
- Survivorship & quality of life
- Palliative care
- Clinical trials and research
- Nurses’ health and wellbeing
This curriculum offers learners the ability to move at their own pace. Upon completion of the modules, a certificate of completion will be issued.
Following completion of the curriculum the participant will be able to:
- Describe the knowledge required to provide nursing care to women with gynecological cancer through diagnosis, treatment, survivorship and palliative care phases;
- Incorporate their knowledge into practice whilst providing care to women with gynecological cancer.
The program is now available, visit IGCS Education360 Learning Portal to begin!
Our deepest thanks to the Education360 Nursing Work Group Chairs, Anne Mellon, Noriko Fujiwara, and Chrissy Donovan for their exceptional leadership and dedication. We also extend our thanks to all the authors of the curriculum, as this program would not be possible without their commitment and involvement.
Anne Mellon, RN
Noriko Fujiwara, RN, PhD, CRN-BC, OCNS, CCRP
Chrissy Donovan, RN
- Rozlyn Ali, RN, New Zealand
- Sarah Belton, RN, Ireland
- Dona Chakroborty, RN, India
- Robert Coleman, MD, USA
- Raimundo Correa, MD, Chile
- Lois Eva, MD, New Zealand
- Keiichi Fujiwara, MD, PhD, Japan
- Bronwyn Jennings, RN, Australia
- Claudia Main, RN, New Zealand
- Kris Maloney, MD, Australia
- Anisa Mburu, MD, Kenya
- Joe Ng, MD, Singapore
- Joseph Noh, MD, South Korea
- Michael Pearl, RN, USA
- Michael Quinn, MD, Australia
- Raquel Ramos, RN, Brazil
- Kasia Wydrzynska, RN, USA